This program emphasizes those skills required by the highly competitive field of electro-mechanical technology. At the completion of the program, graduates will be engaged in designing, manufacturing, inspecting, operating, and maintaining various types of electro-mechanical systems. Within the mechanical component, manufacturing processes such as CNC and design aspects are emphasized. Within the electrical component, skills are developed in circuits, AC/DC machinery, and industrial programmable controller applications.
Upon successful completion of the degree in electro-mechanical engineering, the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate professional conduct and interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written) with coworkers and other technical personnel.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply mathematical and geometric concepts.
- Demonstrate knowledge of electrical principles and AC/DC machinery.
- Demonstrate knowledge of manufacturing processes on different machines, tools and materials by operating conventional and CNC equipment.
- Apply concepts of statics to analyze and compute forces on and in structures that are at rest or moving with uniform velocity.
- Demonstrate knowledge of principles of physics.
- Demonstrate proficiency in industrial applications of programmable logic controllers.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR BACCALAUREATE STUDIES
Students who successfully complete the electro-mechanical major may continue their studies toward a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering Technology and/or Industrial Technology at various universities. Further information regarding any of these opportunities is available through the office of the dean or transfer coordinator.
Recommended System Requirements
- OS: Windows 10 or higher
- Processor: 2 GHz or higher
- RAM: 8 GB or more
- Hard Drive: 100 GB or more
- Graphics: DirectX9 or higher
- Display 720p
- OS: Mac 10.14 or higher
- Processor: Intel Core i5 or higher
- RAM: 8 GB or more
- Hard Drive: 256 GB or more
- Display: 1280x800 resolution or higher
Chromebooks are not recommended